For the call for artistic animations of the summer launched by the city of Nice, the association Comme une Averse, through its contemporary art space Espace A VENDRE wished to propose organizing an evening of projection and performance around the site of the MAMAC or the Quai des États-Unis. The program has been thought around performances, artists’ videos but also music videos, and will be organized in the open air.
Lasting approximately two hours, the program will present, in that order, the proposals of:
• Thierry Lagalla. The artist from Nice (with a studio at 109) but with a national scope (exhibitions in galleries, fairs and institutions in Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille, etc.) will mix projection of his latest videos, in which he navigates with humor and intelligence on the history of art and masterful live performances.
• Louis Jammes. A key artist in French contemporary art, who is represented in the greatest museums and private collections (Collection Lambert, etc.) and a pillar of Figuration Libre, Louis Jammes has photographed artists such as Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Robert Combas, and Julian Schnabel, in a setting that he conceived to evoke their work. For Fukushima and the Three Suns, he filmed a superb natural phenomenon called “false sun” in the middle of the tundra, images accompanied by testimonies of survivors of the Fukushima tragedy.
• Camille Llobet. A young artist whose video Voir ce qui est dit won an award at the Movimenta festival in Nice in 2016, she develops a sensitive and intelligent approach around language, speech and signs. We will propose the video “Faire la musique”, in which she films high-level athletes miming the mental rehearsals of their discipline. Her videos are part of the collections of several Frac and institutions.
• Han Hoogerbrugge. Dutch artist who represented his country at the Venice Biennale in 2011, he is one of the world’s leading figures in video art, mixing animation and digital art in bewitching, acidic and explosive videos. The video Quatrposus that we present was shown at the Venice Biennale in 2011.
• Artist Han Hoogerbrugge is also the creator of a series of 6 music videos for the British music group Young Punx. These videos mixing the artistic and the musical will come to a festive end of this refreshing and sharp program.